Moderate and long-term results of senning operation for transposition of the great arteries


Çetin G., Haydın S., Özkara A., Mert M., Akçevin A., Saltık İ. L. , ...More

MN kardiyoloji, vol.12, no.1, pp.36-41, 2005 (Other Refereed National Journals)

  • Publication Type: Article / Article
  • Volume: 12 Issue: 1
  • Publication Date: 2005
  • Title of Journal : MN kardiyoloji
  • Page Numbers: pp.36-41

Abstract

Amaç: Mükemmel erken dönem sonunçlarına rağmen geç dönemde ortaya çıkan sistemik ventrikül yetmezliği, egzersiz performans bozukluğu, aritmi ve ani ölümler sebebiyle günümüzde hemen hemen terkedilmiş ve yerini arteryel switch ameliyatına bırakmış olan Senning operasyonunun geç dönemde karşılaşılan sorunlarıyla ilgili kliniğimiz deneyiminin sunulması. Gereç ve Yöntem: Bu çalışmamızda 1986-2000 yılları arasında kliniğimizde yapılmış ve kayıtlarına ulaşabildiğimiz 17 hasta retrospektif olarak incelenmiştir. Ortalama 9.3 yıllık takip süresi olan hasta grubumuzdaki tüm hastaların ameliyat sonrası orta ve geç dönem fonksiyon kapasiteleri sorgulanmış, fizik muayene bulguları incelenmiş, telekardiyografi, ekokardiyografileri ve 24 saat holter Elektrokardiyografileri araştırılmıştır. Bulgular: Sinüs ritmi 16 hastada (%94) görülmüştür. 5 hastada sağ ventrikül yetmezliği (%36), ikisinde ileri derecede olmak üzere 12 hastada da (%71) triküspid yetmezliği saptanmıştır. 13 hasta NYHA klas 1 (%76), 3 hasta klas 2 (%18) bir hasta da klas 3 (%6) tedir. Sonuç: Hastaların geç dönemleri birçok probleme açık gözükmektedir. Bu nedenle bu hastalar geç dönemde çok yakından izlenmeli ve karşılaşılabiecek problemlere karşı zamanında, erken ve uygun önlemler alınmalı ve tedavi edilmelidir. Ancak bu şekilde kardiyak fonksiyonlar korunabilir. Ciddi Sağ ventrikül disfonksiyonu olan hastalarda ikincil cerrahi yöntemler denenmelidir.
Moderate and long-term results of senning operation for transposition of the great arteries
Aim:Senning operation with low early mortality and morbidity was the most popular operation for transposition of the great arteries for the past three decades. Because of the long term problems such as right ventricle failure, diminished exercise performance, arrhythmias and sudden death, this procedure was abandoned. Currently arterial switch is the procedure of choice for correcting transposition of the great arteries. We aim to document our experience related with long term problems of Senning patients. Material and Method: The study was a retrospective analysis with a median follow-up time of 9.3 years. 17 patients were included in the study. The electrocardiogram, echocardiogram, chest radiograph and 24 hours holter electrocardiograms were reviewed for each patient. Results: 13 patients were in NYHA class I (76%), 3 patients in class II (18%) and 1 patient in class III (6%). The probability of staying in sinus rhythm was 94%. Right ventricle failure was encountered in 5 patients (36%). Important tricuspid regurgitation was detected in 12 patients (%71). Conclusion: Long-term follow-up after the senning procedure shows increasing incidence of sinus node dysfunction and right ventricular dysfunction over time. It's early recognition and initiation of appropriate management to preserve cardiac function is important. In severe cardiac failure, conversion into an arterial switch procedure or cardiac transplantation were the choices of treatment. However, these procedures are demanding.